Monday, July 17, 2006

Dear Makers of Crocs


181399749_4537d7e215[1]
Originally uploaded by Giulia1.
Thanks so much for creating the ugliest shoe phenom since stark white Keds. Really, I get a big chuckle that all over the nation, people are walking around in "water clogs" apparently unaware at how stupid they look. Actually, I'm not sure who is a bigger douche, the designer or the consumer?

Maybe your intentions were good ( I think) in trying to design a shoe that is both practical( water friendly) and fun(?). But why must shoes that go into water be fun? Why are people even in need of shoes to wear in the water? How much walking in water are people doing?

Maybe you knew these shoes were ugly little bastards all along, and you just wanted to pull a fast one over America.

These "Crocs, of shit" shoes remind me of plastic swiss cheese.I don't like to associate cheese with feet. Must I explain more?

Anyhoo, congrats of your douchebag design. I look forward to the debut of the "Ocean-friendly Ugg" next summer.

FYI, regular clogs were never that cool to begin with.

Love always,
Giulia

6 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Brandy For Sale. said…

    I saw these for the first time in Payless last year and thought, oh how sad. Knockoffs of the Birk clogs that chefs & waitresses & gardener-types wear. Yuck. And then I saw a shiny thing and skipped away.

    Then this past summer, I started to see more and more of them. I now even sadly know that they are called "crocs". Ick. They look RIDICULOUS. They make you look like you have clown feet. I mean, really, they are GROSS.

    Just, just stop it- I'm ashamed of you people!

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger We Used To Live In 209 Melville. said…

    OMG I was just thinking about these shoes - I saw an entire family wearing them on Martha's Vineyard 2 weeks ago - that is sad a while family of douchbags-wearing-Crocs!

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger tuckergurl said…

    I am so with you on this one. These shoes are damn, damn, damn ugly.

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Colleen said…

    Dear Awesomebag,

    I love you.

    xo
    cokane

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Jill said…

    wrong. wrong wrong wrong.

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Giulia said…

    tqWrong, wrong as in I am right right about these shoes?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home