Monday, August 17, 2009

Dear Readers, (yet again)

I'm BACK! After a two year, yes 2 YEAR hiatus from this lovely blog I decided to start it up again. Why? Well, because even after 2 years of ending this blog I still have people asking me "when are you going to post something new on Dear Douchebag? I miss it." Seriously, someone telling me they miss my writing makes me bust at the seams with goofy glee. Thankyou, thankyou! Not only that, but I just opened up the deardbag@gmail.com account and found that people were still commenting and submitting letters even after I closed shop. Apparently, people like this thing. And not to mention that, well I like this thing. But paid gigs (nope this blog does not pay my bills, can you believe it?), other projects (like this, this, this, and this), distractions (I'm sorta obsessed with watching reality shows about little people) and life in general got in the way of me working on some projects that I really enjoyed (like this blog and my other creative baby themessage-board.com which is also being resurrected later this month).

Don't blame it on sunshine, don't blame it on moonlight, don't blame it on good times, perhaps blame it on the boogie, suddenly I am feeling inspired to start back up on this lil' blog that put a smile on my face and from what it sounds like, it put a smile on your face too.

And for those whom this blog has caused a frowny face, because you've told me I'm an "asshole" in the comments. I'm back for your enjoyment too. (Insert smiley face icon here). Really, feel free to keep tell me I'm an asshole if in fact I am being an asshole. My opinion is just one opinion and I am always open to be proven wrong. (As I was so nicely put in my place for saying that big headphones look silly. I still think it's hilarious that the big headphones post has gotten the most complaints of all. Damn, people really love their sound gear).

Wow, two years and so many dbags I didn't get to write about. I wish I had the umph to put together a montage video like the memorial video they do at the Oscars, except instead of remembering actors and actresses that we lost, remember dbags that we gained over the past two years like Nadya Suleman, Cyclone Nargis,Soulja Boy, all those damn suicide bombers, Bernie Madoff, everyone who voted yes on Prop 8, Michael Vick, Swine Flu, and many many many more (please feel free to name your favorite dbags that I missed writing about in the comments below). But, editing videos takes time, patience, and hard work, and jeez I just got back on this blogging bandwagon, and now you want me to edit a video?! Gimmie a break would ya?

(Sorry for the outburst, it's not you, it's me)

So please, bookmark this blog, send in your submissions to this blog, and enjoy (with a sense of humor) this blog where I will celebrate the worst and best life has to offer. And on that note, this song seems totally appropriate for this occasion. Let's jam!


I missed you so much!
Love,
Giulia

1 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Kimberlee said…

    I'm so completely stoked that you're back! Welcome back! You were definitely missed G.

    Kimberlee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home